Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2016 19:00

Win 10 - unable to boot

I'm in need of some hardware tech support... My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 580. It's about 5 years old and running Windows 10.

Last night I was updating iTunes and iCloud Windows and when it wanted to reboot to finish the install it never recovered.

When I boot up, I get the Dell progress bar and the options to select F2 Setup or F12 Boot Operations, then a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner.

All the diagnostics run fine. All the keyboard lights work appropriately.

I've created a Windows 10 recovery USB but it won't let me use any of the recovery took with the message "This option is not supported on the operating system you've selected"

If you've got any helpful suggestions on restoring this computer (first choice) or recovering my data (second choice) PLEASE chime in.

• 

17K Posts

July 20th, 2016 09:00

Dev_06824,

Unfortunately, there are  no windows 10 drivers for this computer from Dell. You could possibly try formatting and reinstalling Windows 10. 

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

No Events found!