Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2012 10:00

Windows 8

Hi.   Just wanted to know if there is anyone experiencing the new Windows 8 yet and how is it?  I just bought a new computer and am able to upgrade to the new Windows 8 but wanted some feedback on this new Window 8 before doing so.  To find out how it is and if it is better then windows 7 and if it's a good choice to upgrade.  Always worried about new things so try to get some feedback from people and see what they say about it first.  Thanks for any comments.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 2nd, 2013 05:00

Windows 8 will tell you to uninstall Bluetooth and Wifi Drivers because they are not compatable.  It even says this when upgrading from WIN8 home to Win8 pro.  This is quite annoying.  It also makes the downloaded version of win8 upgrade crash half way thru leaving your system dead.

347 Posts

February 2nd, 2013 09:00

I don't have bluetooth but do have a WI FI installed on my computer so does that mean I can't use my WI FI with windows 8 when I install it?  I would think having a WI FI modem wouldn't interfere with anything.  Mostly everything takes WI FI.

12 Posts

February 2nd, 2013 11:00

Given that you have a windows7 pc and comes with an upgrade for windows8 i doubt you will have any issues. When you come to install there is a pre install tester that will go through your drivers and software where it will tell you of any issues where you can then investigate if there is a new driver etc.. but i think you will be ok.

No Events found!