Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2010 14:00

Wired lighted keyboard for Studio XPS 9000?

I know that the Logitech lighted keyboard sometimes sold with the XPS 9000 has significant problems at boot up -- very slow and cannot enter F2 or F12.  Does anyone know whether there is any lighted, wired keyboard that works properly with the XPS 9000.  My office is dark -- no windows -- and a lighted keyboard would help.

Thanks for any advice that is available.

Alchemist45

11 Posts

August 2nd, 2010 11:00

Thanks for all the help.  I re-purchased the keyboard and it now works beautifully.  Your help and advice was explicit, timely and very useful.

I consider the problem totally resolved.

Regards,

Alchemist45

12 Posts

July 24th, 2010 08:00

I know that the Logitech lighted keyboard sometimes sold with the XPS 9000 has significant problems at boot up -- very slow and cannot enter F2 or F12.  Does anyone know whether there is any lighted, wired keyboard that works properly with the XPS 9000.  My office is dark -- no windows -- and a lighted keyboard would help.

Alchemist45

I have the XPS9000 with the Logitech illuminated KB.  It never worked properly until I recently loaded the recommended BIOS update A16.  Works as it should now.

Make sure you need the updated Bios for your particular computer, as configured, before you try to flash the bios.  Wrong bios update can cause major problems.

Good luck.

11 Posts

July 25th, 2010 15:00

[quote user="csblackwell"]

Alchemist45

I have the XPS9000 with the Logitech illuminated KB.  It never worked properly until I recently loaded the recommended BIOS update A16.  Works as it should now.

Make sure you need the updated Bios for your particular computer, as configured, before you try to flash the bios.  Wrong bios update can cause major problems.

Good luck.

[/quote]

I have updated the BIOS as you suggested, but have some specific questions, please. 

Was bootup time normal with the Logitech illuminated keyboard?

Did the F2, F8 and F12 bootup key options work properly?

Thanks for your advice.

Alchemist45

12 Posts

July 26th, 2010 09:00

csblackwell

Yes, the boot time is normal.  About same time needed to open Windows as with another KB (Dell supplied with XPS9000).

Can access the F2, F12 functions.  No problem.  Hope you consider the Logitech KB since many who have one seem to praise it highly--excluding those who are still having an issue with F2 and F12.   If you decide to purchase and are dissatisfied can't you return if the KB doesn't work as it should.  In the past, when this first occurred, many just returned their KBs.

Good luck

2 Posts

December 27th, 2010 17:00

csblackwell

Yes, the boot time is normal.  About same time needed to open Windows as with another KB (Dell supplied with XPS9000).

Can access the F2, F12 functions.  No problem.  Hope you consider the Logitech KB since many who have one seem to praise it highly--excluding those who are still having an issue with F2 and F12.   If you decide to purchase and are dissatisfied can't you return if the KB doesn't work as it should.  In the past, when this first occurred, many just returned their KBs.

Good luck

I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your effort!
No Events found!