Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2013 11:00

XPS 2710 AiO - Audio for HDMI input No longer works

Hello, a bit stumped on this one.  I have had the XPS 2710 since Nov and use the HDMI input (aka use my XPS 2710 as a monitor) for my Xbox 360 and my PS3 from time to time.  The video still works great but I no longer am receiving any audio using the hdmi this way. The PS3 and 360 still work fine using HDMI on my AV Rec but not when connected to the XPS.  

Here is what I have tried so far. . .

A different HDMI Cable

Updating the RealTek drivers

Updating the nVidia drivers

Updating the Intel drives
------------------------------------------------

Only thing I see listed in my Sounds settings are  the Speakers and the RealTek optical out. 

Nothing seems to be disabled under sounds or device manager.  Thanks for your suggestions.

3 Posts

December 25th, 2014 03:00

Hello Dell suport! I still waiting for answer!!!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi Marcin3d,

Please provide the model of your Dell desktop and operating system, as well as a description of the problem you are having.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2015 12:00

Did you ever get an answer???  I have the exact same issue: Dell XPS One 2710.  Plugged my DirecTV wireless genie in through the HDMI IN port, flip to HDMI...  video is there / no audio.  Very frustrating.

Impossible to even find a discussion about this through a Google search.  This was the only thing I could find.

Is there a workaround?  Also just using the controls on the bottom of the screen - volume won't go up or down -it's just stuck where it is '14'.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2015 14:00

Hi its XPS 2720 windows 8.1. When I switch to hdmi input, volume stuck at 44%. My ps4 is connected to hdmi, cant adjust volume, OSD doesn't work.

1 Message

December 30th, 2015 14:00

I'm having the same problem.  What's the fix?

1 Message

May 13th, 2016 13:00

I can not hear anything on my dell 2710 xps on any application, i.e. Facebook, iTunes or any other recorded link.  the volume is turned up.  what is wrong?

No Events found!