Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2015 07:00

XPS 420 No nothing (Sorry trying to give as much information as possible)

Alright this is what I have. XPS 420 Intel core 2 quad core 2.4 Ghz 4G of RAM, nvida GTX480 Win 7 ultimate. The problem solid amber light on the power button also on the mother board, Solid green light on the PSU, If I just plug it in and press the power button turns amber and I can here the hard drives spinning and the PCU fan also spinning quietly. If I turn off the power button and press the button on the back of the PSU then everything spins like crazy, IE: all fans. Can't tell if the hard drive is on or not. I get no diagnostic lights on the front the Ethernet light does not turn on also no matter what I do there is a amber light on the mother board at all times. I have changed the battery on the mother board and done a paper clip test on the 24 pin connector for the PSU  nothing happened at all I have removed all connectors and all memory cards along with the video card network card and sound card everything has been checked to make sure it's seated properly. I've had this problem once before and all I did was jazz around with the power button and the button on the PSU and it turned on that time also I went into Windows and "shut down" the system that time too.

Thank you for your advice in advance

Chuck 

2 Posts

May 16th, 2015 22:00

Hi Hema thank you for your response.

I can only eject the DVD when I push the button on the back of the PSU. Otherwise it will not eject. God I hope it's the power supply because I already went out and bought one it shows up on Tuesday.

May 16th, 2015 22:00

Hi, 

Are you able to eject DVD tray?

If yes then the motherboard alone is faulty, if No then both motherboard and PSU are faulty.

Regards

Hema

No Events found!