Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2008 22:00

XPS 420 going bye bye soon!!!

It looks like the new XPS 630i will be out in the next month or two. Many of you probably know about this already. We always seem to get overshadowed by new computer technology. I just bought my XPS 420 (which isn't really an XPS quality machine) last month and its here and gone. I'd like to return it and get a 630i when it's released, but I think I'm a little too late. We all get shafted again. Thanks, Dell. But I guess that's just the way computers are today. Today's new computer is tomorrow's junk heap.

241 Posts

Can I ask why you bought a computer? No matter which computer you buy its going to be out of date the next day. The 630i looks quite ugly unlike the 420. Looks like its also BTX form factor.

148 Posts

Does the 630 do magic tricks or something your 420 can't do?

200 Posts

What is this thread for? If you need a computer, and it is in your price range and it has the performance you want....then buy it? If you don't, then wait for eternity to get "the best" because you never will. Technology is immediately outdated because when you see the new nvidia graphics cards put on the shelf, their engineers are already working on the next new thing.

The XPS 420 is an amazing machine for medium gaming and Home Theater PCs. It's quiet, priced right, has the ability to get the ATI Digital Cable Tuners, Core 2 Quad, one of the best graphics cards on the market, and still have the warranty from Dell. I think you expect too much for your machine.

I, for one, am really happy with Dell and their XPS 420.

150 Posts

When you buy something from any vendor, if it fits your needs  & the price is right go for it.... Tech changes everyday ...

Dell will keep your Machine running in top condition enjoy it now :smileyhappy:

If you are not happy with what you bought find someone who can use it & get the newest & greatest....

Maybe go for the XPS720 Or wait for the next gen.....

Stop crying it does not look good on these boards....:smileywink:

453 Posts

February 1st, 2008 23:00

Thanks for the replies. Buying a computer today is an exercise in frustration. There really never is a great time to buy a computer, unless you get a great price for it. I do like my XPS 420. It's a stylish machine that may have some flaws and rattles, but is still a good PC. There's no SLI, but then I didn't want to spend for an XPS 720. I think it's insane to buy a PC for $4000! But some people do it wholeheartedly. I'm looking for my XPS 420 to provide at least two decent years of service. I'm just disappointed it's on the way out so soon!!

200 Posts

Nobody said it was going anywhere anytime soon. The XPS 420 has been out for some time now, and they haven't made any plans to get rid of it. The XPS 420 is suppose to be the lower of the XPS 420, 680, and the 720.

17 Posts

If I had known my IBM PCJr was going to be outdated I would not have payed $1000 for it. And that included employee discount. Hard drive! I didn't need a hard drive I had my single sided 5 1/4 floppy.  

27 Posts

February 2nd, 2008 17:00

If you just bought it, the new and improved isnt going to be that much better in the real world. I bought a 8300 when they were  new, for  over three years I still won many matches in TWL using it.  Am any better with a 72O over the 8300, nope:)  Enjoy the one you got and have fun with it>

99 Posts

February 2nd, 2008 21:00

shoot now i gotta wait for it to come out before purchasing anything lol

gotta know :P

47 Posts

February 3rd, 2008 17:00

GAWD!  That 630i is ugleeeee!

I love the piano black finish on the 420.

I hope it will still be around in some sort of configuration when I get ready to order my new PC next month or so.

paula

No Events found!