Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 10th, 2010 09:00

XPS 435T and GTX 260 card

All,
I recently purchased a XPS 435T which had an ATI 5450 1gig card. I bought the system because I knew it could be ordered with the GTX 260, which I already had from a previous system I had.

Well, after recieving the XPS, I installed the GTX 260 and am now getting a constant hum in my headset and also my mic when I use Ventrillio while I'm gaming.

I am also getting a slight freeze when I load the game and also when I load Ventrillio's setup. It sounds very similar to the black out issues I read else where in the forums. Basically the screen would freeze and nothing could be done for about 30 sec or so.

I tried reseating the card already. I also updated to the latest drivers from nVidia as well. I also reinstalled the X-FI drivers and software after the video card since I was experiencing the "feedback". Anyone have any clues? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dapanther

935 Posts

May 10th, 2010 10:00

Before you installed the GTX 260 card, did you uninstall the ATI drivers and other ATI software?

5 Posts

May 10th, 2010 11:00

I didn't use Driver Sweeper though for the uninstall...I am going to do a total cleanup of the video drivers, unistall everything using it and go from there...

5 Posts

May 10th, 2010 11:00

Yes, I uninstalled the drivers and software. I also went into the device manager and uninstalled the card itself before shutting down to remove it...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 10th, 2010 21:00

Go here for complete instructions.

5 Posts

May 11th, 2010 05:00

Chris,
Thanks for the guidance. I did that last night to no prevail. I actually think I know the answer or possibly what is causing the issue. It seems to be more of a sound card issue to me at this point. Basically when I load the game I play and try to use Ventrillio, they both have a solid minute of no response, then they appear to start working. I think what s happening is maybe a conflict not being detected by Windows 7, it's almost like the GTX 260 and the Sound Blaster card do not like each other LOL

I got the hum to go awa by moving to the card itself, and not using the front panel jacks. I was hoping to use them though because I sit a ways from the CPU...

Joe...

5 Posts

May 11th, 2010 12:00

All,
Ok, I resolved the issue while I was at lunch. Basically what I had to do was reinstall the Sound Blaster card by uninstalling it through device manager. I went through the steps of removing each piece of software from Creative, then restarted into Safe Mode and used Driver Sweep to remove the remaining remenants of the drivers. Then after another restart I reinstalled the software/drivers from Dell for the Sound Blaster. This eliminated the issue of the delay in opening ventrillio and the games I play. Thanks to those that helped along the way.

Joe..

No Events found!