Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 29th, 2007 20:00

XPS 710 - High Temperatures

I have had this desktop for two days now and recently installed nTune in order to easily change my LED lights and monitor the temps of my CPU, System, and GPU. I have been noticing that all of these appear to be running extremely hot. I am running a Core 2 Duo (2.13ghz) and 8800 GTX.

The computer has been on for 30 minutes and my temperatures seem to stay at a steady 77F (CPU), 71F (System), 58C (GPU). When I am playing a system intensive game, both the CPU and System will rise to 87F, yet the CPU fan will only kick in with 13% of its speed. I have not yet looked into my GPU temp while inside of a game, but will do that shortly.

It seems that my computer is running dangerously hot, but I also find it strange that the automatic fans will not rise in speed. I am going to try finding a download for the Everest temp monitor and see what kind of numbers it gives me.

Sorry if I seem ignorant, or forgot to include something, most of what I know about computers is what I have learned in the last week...Which isnt all that much.

Message Edited by blwox on 07-29-2007 04:32 PM

2.3K Posts

July 30th, 2007 02:00

Thanx both MikeO and CHSI

Just one thing, I am not running dual v-Cards, Only One Ultra 8800
So, I take it the GPU temp is still high :smileyindifferent:

Will do, later on maybe this evening I will set it to Bin+2 and see if I notice a difference.
Thanx for All your $upport guys !!! :smileyhappy:

Peace

November 12th, 2008 19:00

my xps 710 quad has run low temp and quite for two years, now just now the fan is running on high all the time, anyone know what gives?  its like i just paid this machine off - my support goes out - and now a time bomb says break. :emotion-15:

thanks for any help mark

November 12th, 2008 19:00

ok went into the bios and set the cpu speed down from 320 to 266 and problem fixed, but system has been overclocked fron day one two years ago by dell when it got it.  has to be fan, coolant of heatsink related i would think?

mark brown

No Events found!