Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 21st, 2013 05:00

XPS 8500 and wilress/WIDI

Hi guys

I currently own an XPS 8500 that i have had for about a year, it currently has a DELL 1703 wirelss/BT mini Pci-e card in it, 

im looking at upgrading it to either a 

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Wifi + Bluetooth Half Mini PCI-E Card  or

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 633ANHMW Mini wifi Card 

my question is will either of these cards work in my xps as i want them for dual band wifi and also to use WIDI ?

i know the N 6300 does the dual band wifi for better seeds etc and the 2230 is certainly WIDI compatable, but do i need anything else for WIDI to work

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

October 21st, 2013 23:00

Hi bananam8nuk,

Please refer to the link http://dell.to/1dd6dRC for checking out the 'System requirements for Intel WiDi'. Theoretically speaking, both Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 and Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 cards shall work with XPS 8500. As you are looking for WiFi card which supports dual band along with Intel WiDi, then Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 is the one that you need to upgrade to because Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 does not supports Dual Band. Please refer to the below shared 'PRODUCT BRIEF' of these cards for more information.

You will need to look for compatible drivers depending on the Windows running on your system to work with these wireless cards. Drivers can be easily downloaded from the Intel's website. Hope this helps.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!