Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2017 14:00

XPS One 2710 motherboard replacement 3VTJ7

I have looked online, and at multiple websites.  I cannot find a replacement for my XPS One 2710 motherboard (3VTJ7).

The part does not show up anywhere on list of parts dell sells (at least not on their website).    Any help would be appreciated.

Win 10 update bricked the PC, trying to bring it back to life.  

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2017 15:00

Give Dell Spare Parts a call --

Purchase your Upgrade, Accessories, or Replacement Parts.

1-800-357-3355.

... however, it looks like there are a few complete systems for $500-600 on EBay - which is likely not a lot more than you'll wind up paying Dell for a board alone.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 19th, 2017 19:00

You may have a tough time finding a motherboard for the 2710. Win 10 isn't compatible with the 2710 and a lot of users ended up with bricked motherboards when Win 10 was first released.

Search these forums and you'll find multiple threads on this topic. Some users found ways to get their board working again, but it was hit/miss.. Not every "fix" worked for every 2710 and no guarantees that the fix would last.

Even back then Dell Spare Parts didn't have any of those boards available and if a user could find one elsewhere, it was quite expensive.

And keep in mind that even if you do find a board, you'll probably end up bricking it if you try to run Win 10.  So you may be better off to put the money into a new PC rather than into a replacement motherboard on this old(er) system.

No Events found!