Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2010 09:00

Zino 400 - AHCI Sata Drivers for XP Install -- anyone successful?

OK, I've been trying to get this Zino HD 400 to install XP in AHCI mode for a little while now.  I can not get a hold of the right drivers/make this thing work!  I need the bios defaults, so even though switching to ATA works fine, it doesn't solve my default bios setting issue.  (In case you're wondering WHY, these Zinos seem to lose their Bios settings very easily on a power outage, and I need it to reboot without changing the settings).

Here's what I "know":

Looks like the controller is an ATI SB700/SB800 Sata Controller

I've tried several drivers sets from old boards using the "same" controller.  I've tried after ATA install, F6 at setup, and slipstreaming.  One other community thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19315341.aspx?PageIndex=2) has some great other driver info., but mentions Intel's Matrix Storage Manager for the AHCI issue -- am I missing something on a driver that could be compatible?

Anyone have this one licked?  Its got me scratching my head for what else to try.  I'm going to keep it up though, so if I find out anything different, I will reply.  Thanks for your help!

2 Posts

October 20th, 2010 15:00

I love when that happens... you post for help, keep going, and finally get it!  Posting the answer, as promised.  Hopefully it will save someone 20 different configuration tries like I went through!

Drivers are from HP: http://www.soft-go.com/download_driver/HP-AMD-SATA-AHCI-Controller-Driver-3.1.1547.124-REVD_2709.html

Run the install to extract to your folder, then cancel the application.  The expanded folder will have a Raid7xx folder with the needed drivers for the AMD Sata Controller on the Zino (400 & 410 use the same controller at time of post - ATI SB700/SB800).  Two folders in there, x86 is for 32 bit Windows installs.  You'll need those files.

Slipstream XP 32bit with SP3, these drivers (x86) as multiple driver folder w/ textmode (nLite under Drivers), OEM Preinstall Disabled (nLite under Unattended), and ALL OTHER SCSI drivers shut off (nLite under Components)!

If you have questions about slipstreaming, please google on creating an XP slipstream with nLite -- tons of info. out there for a first timer.

That did the trick.  I did not try this driver config. with the F6 on a USB Floppy drive, or after the install.  I tried ones very similar that definitely did not work after the install, but I would imagine these would work with the F6 option as well?  Not sure, but the instructions above worked great.  Same driver package has your SM Bus drivers as well.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.

1 Message

December 21st, 2010 22:00

Thank you Rosborne! This definitely helped me. One question though, you mentioned that the same package has SM Bus drivers as well. I don't seem to see it. After installing Windows XP to my Zino HD 400. I've got a yellow question mark for SM Bus driver and I have been unsuccessful in finding the proper driver for it. Any insight? Thanks!

No Events found!