Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2010 03:00

another Sound Blaster X-Fi MB problem

I have a dell Zino HD with Win 7 64.  There have been lots of problems with the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB.  I have it connected with a receiver.   My audio works but I can't configure anything,  In the windows sound control panel I can select either 5.1 or 7.1, but either way when I go to the X-Fi control panel (creative audio control panel) It has me locked into a 2.1 speaker configuration and I can't do anything else.  All of the other tests in that control panel don't work either.  I also installed the media center plug-in that came on the OEM cd and says that the X-Fi is not installed.  Any Help?  

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 28th, 2010 04:00

The SoundBlaster Xfi MB is ONLY a software add on (enhancement) to the Integrated audio and in the case of a Zino it's a Conexent Audio chip.   Have you tried reinstalling the Xfi MB software?

2 Posts

March 28th, 2010 12:00

Yeah I have tried reinstalling the software.  I do understand that it is a software enhancement only.  But when I go into the windows sound properties, it tells me that I can have either a 5.1 or 7.1 setup (that it is capable of 8 channels).  But I can't configure any options through the creative software because it doesn't recognize that I have the right hardware.  In fact I can't even control the volume or equalizer or anything through creative.  This is how it came factory installed, Do I need to uninstall and reinstall in a different order?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 28th, 2010 13:00

When you uninstall, are you restarting the PC before reinstalling?  If not, give that a try - if you just uninstall and reinstall without restarting the original problem can still be there.  This may not fix the problem (if it is a problem) but it's worth a try. 

I don't have any info on the Xfi MB software so I can't say how or what it's supposed to do (we are just users helping users on here).

No Events found!