Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2014 02:00

cant install / deploy image to T5810

I am trying to run an image onto a new precision T5810 using dell image direct and installing simply from a USB with my image files on it. it runs through the 1st & 2nd pass and then when i expect it to restart and complete the install and unpack all drivers etc it just reboots and starts the image process again. I have tried changing the SATA operations in the bios and have tried with every option here but still does the same. I have also moved the HDD into port 1 rather than 0 and still no further.

Any ideas to assist would be very much appreciated.

. thanks

1 Message

January 11th, 2015 20:00

Not exactly the same as your situation but vanilla Windows 7 setup can't find any hard drives to install to on our T5810s. There is no RAID card to contend with either; the HDDs are plugged into the onboard SATA ports. So the built-in Windows driver is unable to communicate with the onboard controller.

To get Windows setup working I had to choose 'load drivers' at the 'install location' screen and insert a flash drive with the Intel Rapid Storage C600+/C220+ series driver .INFs on it. The specific driver I used is Storage-Controller_Driver_9NYWJ_WN_4.0.0.1040_A05.EXE from the Dell website, the required .INFs under Drivers\Win7\AHCI\x64, and choose the RAID or AHCI driver depending on what the BIOS is set to (RAID unless it has been manually changed).

Similar symptoms to yours have happened to me in the past when I tried to install .WIM images on T3600s that had a Dell PERC card installed. Without the PERC driver built-into the image, the machine would fail to complete bootup.

You might need to make a new image with the Intel Rapid Storage driver installed, or inject the driver into your current image.

January 13th, 2015 05:00

yes i added the drivers for T5810 to my image and now it works fine.

When trying to install windows 7 from USB i had to remove the USB when it rebooted so it didnt detect it, continued and the put the USB back in and it would then continue the install from the USB.

2 Posts

December 14th, 2015 11:00

I have no idea how you figured this out but you just saved my day. Thanks so much. 

2 Posts

August 8th, 2017 07:00

Can any one tell me how to inject storage driver while capturing WDS image of T5810. Is there any procedure, so please let me know. I'm trying to take windows 10 image of T5810. In capture wizard, its not showing any drive.

I downloaded drivers of T5810 for win 10 OS from dell site and extracted into flash drive also. But while injecting from cmd (drvload.exe) its showing Unable to load.

Please guide me if you have a proper procedure.

Thanks.

2 Posts

August 9th, 2017 02:00

Can any one tell me how to inject storage driver while capturing WDS image of T5810. Is there any procedure, so please let me know. I'm trying to take windows 10 image of T5810. In capture wizard, its not showing any drive. I downloaded drivers of T5810 for win 10 OS from dell site and extracted into flash drive also. But while injecting from cmd (drvload.exe) its showing Unable to load . Please guide me if you have a proper procedure. Thanks

No Events found!