Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

September 13th, 2011 11:00

dell inspiron 620 speakers

I have 2 dell inspiron desktops right out of the box. I cannot get sound from the speakers. The speakers are connected to the appropriate plug and to a usb port on the back of the desk top. The sound is not muted and is turned up.

What do i need to do to get sound?

Thank you

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 13th, 2011 12:00

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Playback section, make sure your speakers are set as the default playback device.  

Exactly what model speakers do you have?  Some connect, for the audio and power to USB, some connect to the GREEN speaker jack on the rear for audio and the USB, etc.

1 Message

November 18th, 2011 10:00

I HAVE A NEW dELL iNSPIRON WITH TOWER, AND HAVE A SET OF POLK AUDIO SPEAKERS.  I CAN PLUG THEM IN AND HEAR SOUND, AND THEY RESPOND SOMEWHAT TO EXECUTED COMMANDS, BUT THE SOUND IS STILL WEAK. DdO I NEED A TRANSFORMER?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 18th, 2011 11:00

There are many different Polk Audio Speakers.  You need "powered" computer speakers - ones that have their own built in power amplifier and power supply. Or some newer speakers have a USB connection for the power rather than have something that plugs into an AC outlet for power.  

What model Inspiron do you have?

No Events found!