Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2012 09:00

dell xps 435t heatsink.

Hi, i want to upgrade my cpu heatsink for a corsair cooling system, i got an xps 435t/9000 those cooling systems require to assamble a mount base around the cpu, my question is, can it be assambled on my.case model?, can i remove the lateral panel of the case in order to have acces to the back of the mobo or i need to dismount the whole pc? thx for any help you can privide.

16 Posts

January 25th, 2013 12:00

you will need to pull the motherboard, dell also uses screw down mounts for thier proprietary heatsink/fan, so you will need to pull the the screw mounts out of the motherboard after you remove it....Dell doesnt use typical pushpin heatsink mounts, they make it very difficult to upgrade the 435t/9000...

893 Posts

January 26th, 2013 10:00

Are you talking about removing motherboard backplate, please confirm, if yes I have a few advices on glued backplate and screw attached back plate.

16 Posts

January 26th, 2013 15:00

the question was asked by DNX at the beginning of this thread, Im not sure if its a glued backplate on the 435t/9000, but I do know that he cannot remove the lateral panel, therefore he has to remove the motherboard to install an aftermarket heatsink/fan.Unless he uses a dell replacement heatsink/fan with screwdown mounts....but lets hear the advices on glued backplates anyway I'll surely listen

893 Posts

January 26th, 2013 17:00

First I need conformation that the picture below is indeed XPS 435 motherboard, second what kind of material made those 4 screw location "plates" or washers, is it soft plastic/rubber or metal.

Going to work now, will comeback tomorrow here, I wish someone could find the picture of the MOBO backplate.

No Events found!