Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2015 19:00

display port on optiplex 990 and daisy chain ultrasharp u2414h using display port on monitors

I have a opti 990 with display port on the mother board as well as a radeon hd 6450.  I want to know if I may connect a display port to the 990 motherboard, run that cable to one of the ultrasharps and then daisy chain them using another display port cable.  In this scenario, I am not using the video card whatsoever in order to minimize cables being run.  Does the motherboard display port have a limitation that would not allow it to function with the daisy chaining of the monitors?  Is there a driver update that is required to allow that  one display port to be multi streaming - is this a limitation of that particular motherboard display port versus a display port on a graphics card that is enabled to work with multi streaming display port technology?

I assume that I can run a display port cable from the motherboard and a second display port from the video card to each monitor separately as long as I have activated multi display in the bios.  I believe the video card is one dvi and one display port.

comments?

No Responses!
No Events found!