Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2013 14:00

hd 7770 video card

I've been all over this sight looking for the right gpu. I finally decided on the HD 7770. I just don't know which one. So many companies make them and some make more than one version of the same one. I have a studio xps 435 mt with the i7 920 and 8gb ram. My psu fried out a year ago and I now have a corsair builder series cx500. So which is better. I see sapphire has 2 different ones and asus has a 2gb version on new egg and theyre all close in price. Any help would be appreciated.

1.5K Posts

August 8th, 2013 16:00

HERE would be my 5 choices.  You will notice that the more expensive ones are overclocked or may be a 2GB version.  If you don't need 2GB of ram, then don't spend the extra for it.  Sapphire is AMD's number one selling brand so it's a good choice. Brand is based on personal preference or past experiences.  The lowest priced Sapphire at $104 or $89 after MIR is the most popular.  You can always overclock these cards yourself very easily with the software that comes with them so you don't really need to spend more for a factory overclocked card.  Some also have coolers that might perform better like the Vapor-X which is also overclocked, but it's up to you if you want to spend the extra money on these.  I don't see a dual fan being necessary on a HD 7770 as I think they run cool enough.  

254 Posts

August 9th, 2013 08:00

Anytime I use a stand alone GPU Sapphire is my go to brand ... it's only based on I have never had any cards die on me out of the 6 of them i have used.

No Events found!