Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2015 18:00

hello. new member (10 minutes ago) ,first post. playing older PC games.

got one on my XP computer and have played it for years, still go to that old PC just to play it once a week.

called Aerial strike low altitude-high stakes, it was for windows 98 to windows XP, then stopped any upgrading for it. anyway I can get it to play on this machine?  started out as windows 8, now 8.1  

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 18th, 2015 08:00

No that is too old. Look for a similar game for windows 8.1.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 18th, 2015 17:00

It might run via XP in the windows 8.1 pro hyper-v client.

XP mode is free on windows 7 pro.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 18th, 2015 17:00

got one on my XP computer and have played it for years, still go to that old PC just to play it once a week.

called Aerial strike low altitude-high stakes, it was for windows 98 to windows XP, then stopped any upgrading for it. anyway I can get it to play on this machine?  started out as windows 8, now 8.1  

Installing Windows 98 on VMware.

10 Posts

May 19th, 2015 10:00

what is VMware? and it aint going to work for this XP game will it?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 19th, 2015 11:00

Only way to find out is to try it and see.

http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/workstation-evaluation

VMware Workstation 11 is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to evaluate new operating systems, software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe virtualized environment. No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability, and cutting edge features of Workstation.

VMware Workstation 11 is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to evaluate new operating systems, software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe virtualized environment. No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability, and cutting edge features of Workstation. - See more at: http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/workstation-evaluation#sthash.XaX2kACZ.dpuf

VMware Workstation 11 is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to evaluate new operating systems, software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe virtualized environment. No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability, and cutting edge features of Workstation. - See more at: http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/workstation-evaluation#sthash.XaX2kACZ.dpuf

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 19th, 2015 13:00

what is VMware? and it aint going to work for this XP game will it?

It is perhaps the best known virtualization software available, and they support Windows 98. I'm not sure if the game will work, though.

10 Posts

May 19th, 2015 18:00

thanks for the information. but first it looks like I may need to reboot the whole PC because not knowing

any better when I was doing some scanning with a temporary program (hitman pro) I got a call from somebody who said they worked for Microsoft.. and I let them into my PC. I cut them off when I got suspicious. turned out some guys on a windows 8 forum told me windows never calls like that.

and when my Norton ran out I replaced it with MacAfee. but when I was looking for some help I was redirected to some repair people who found, of all things, what looks like people from Russia had

an address in my PC and was using my pc for something. and after they were in my computer for a few minutes I discovered they were the same people who called telling me they were from Microsoft.

can anybody here tell me what part of this desktop forum I need to post to get a lot of questions about rebooting  so I don't put in the wrong place? and when I start I do it right and don't mess it up or make it worse. (starting to run slow)   

No Events found!