Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2016 16:00

no chipset driver is available, why?

I look up my Service Tag and I see bios and video drivers, that is all. No chipset, no audio. Why?

[Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy]  

paul

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 6th, 2016 12:00

I found all of them on the Support site by NOT using the Service Tag. As I said, using the Service Tag can sometimes miss important drivers. There's a link on the Support page to show all drivers. Be sure to select the right version of Windows before downloading any drivers.

SpeedStep found them on Dell's ftp site.

If you use your Service Tag on the Support site to identify your system, you can click the System Configuration link and it will list the hardware that Dell installed. Obviously, if you added or replaced anything, eg a video card, Dell's configuration site won't know that. It looks like this system only came with onboard video, and no add-in video card. :emotion-5:

It's a violation of the forums Terms of Use to post a Service Tag, which possibly might give someone access to some personal info. To edit one of your own posts, log in and navigate to that post. Hover your mouse over the right end of the blue bar at top of the post. An arrow should appear with a drop-down menu listing "Edit" as an option.

Looks like the moderators removed your Tag from your original post so no further action is required on your part.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 5th, 2016 16:00

Never post your Service Tag in an open forum like this. Consider your Service Tag to be personal, confidential information.

Edit your post to remove your Service Tag and indicate the exact PC model and version of Windows, instead.

Searching by Service Tag can miss some drivers. All of them for your PC model and Win 7, 64-bit are here. You'll just need to know what hardware you have (eg, video card) to choose the right ones.

18 Posts

May 5th, 2016 18:00

desktop optiplex 380

18 Posts

I did before manage to find a lot of other drivers w/o my service tag #, but I though that entering that was a better way to be sure of the exact drivers. I did not think that all 380s were exactly the same. When i do that I found 5 different video drivers. How do I know which is mine?

I have this checked, but it keeps forgetting to email me. " Email me replies to this post"

pa

18 Posts

how to edit? What can ppl do to me if they know my tag?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 6th, 2016 06:00

There is

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/optiplex-380.html

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER99639M/2/Intel_Chipset-Software-Insta_A02_R257446.exe

Description Supported OS Download
Intel Chipset Driver
This package provides the Intel Chipset Driver and is supported on Latitude 2120/E6510, Precision T5500/T3500/T1600/T7500 and OptiPlex XE/960 that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows XP
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows XP x64
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Description Supported OS Download
Realtek ALC269 High Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the Realtek ALC269 High Definition Audio Driver and is supported on OptiPlex 380/980 that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows XP
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows XP x64
Description Download
Dell Optiplex 380 System BIOS
This package provides the BIOS Update for Dell OptiPlex 380 running the following Windows Operating Systems: Windows and DOSMore details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A06
Optiplex 380 BIOSMore details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A05
Optiplex 380 BIOSMore details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A04
This package provides BIOS update for Dell Optiplex 380 and is supported on OptiPlex 380 running the following Operating Systems: Windows and DOS.More details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A02
OptiPlex 380 System BIOS A02More details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A01
OptiPlex 380 system BIOSMore details
Dell OptiPlex 380 System BIOS, A00
OptiPlex 380 system BIOSMore details

18 Posts

May 6th, 2016 11:00

thank you. please tell me how you found them and why i could not.

pa

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 6th, 2016 11:00

The automated scripted site frequently is wrong and broken.

Not much I can do about that.  The FTP site below has all the drivers.

Once at the page you do a "FIND" CTRL F  and look for keywords aka CHIPSET or AUDIO or BIOS and it will scroll to where it is on the page below.

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/optiplex-380.html

18 Posts

May 6th, 2016 17:00

thanks

No Events found!