Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

October 3rd, 2017 10:00

soundbar not working with 2 computers

I have a U2515H monitor with attached soundbar and I use this monitor with both my windows pc and macbook pro.  I have both connected (one through displayport and the other through hdmi) and video on both works fine.

The usb from the soundbar is connected to the usb hub on the monitor which in turn connects to the windows pc so the pc sound works perfectly.

I understand that the monitor does not pass sound from hdmi input through to the speaker so I tried connecting the soundbar to my mac with a 3.5" jack cable and it didn't work.  While experimenting to find the issue I discovered that the jack input only works when the windows pc is on as well.  I know the usb ports on the monitor do provide power when the windows pc is off so I can only assume the soundbar depends on drivers to run at all.

Is there any way to get the soundbar to work through 3.5" jack without connecting the usb to the mac?  The cables are going through a really awkward area and I don't want to have to move my desk every time I want to switch between computers.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 15:00

Is  this the soundbar that was combined with the monitor when ordered? I just wanted to make  sure I was looking at the right one. 

Best,

Brad 

October 3rd, 2017 19:00

I ordered them at the same time, it clips on to the bottom of the monitor.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 4th, 2017 18:00

Thanks for the quick reply, can you send me a Private Message with the Service Tag on the monitor. And sorry for the delay on this, I am still thinking if there might be an easy workaround. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!