Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2016 12:00

usb ports not working

I logged onto dell.com today around 4:30 pm est, to try to fix an issue with my desk top which is only a couple of months old. I started a chat with Mohammed and he said that there would be no problem he would fix my issue which was my USB ports are not recognizing anything that is plugged into them. He ask for my phone number just in case we get disconnected he will call me. He remotes into my system and starts downloading Dell click to fix during the reboot we get disconnected, so I wait for him to contact me since I don’t have his contact info he has mine. Checking my phone and email nothing, this guy just downloaded something on my computer then disappears. So I get back on dell.com chat and get Venkata which it like we are starting over again I told her to look at my account gave her my service code and then here we go she give me a link to reconnect with her in case we get disconnected. 2hrs later she is searching for drivers I asked why it takes 2hrs for drivers, she then down loads chip set again updates bio’s nothing works so she deletes all of my drivers including access to internet which that is how we are communicating. Then the system restarts it a good hour on the restart to try to configure, so I click on the link that she told me to use to reconnect to her. I click on it and I get a message wrong access code. I am thinking she has my phone number she will call. Nothing. So I go back on line and try again to chat and I get a message chat not available at this time please call. So I call I explain my issue the guy apologies takes down my number again in case we get disconnected, he states that he will stay on the phone with me until a service tech retrieves the call, then the phone goes to a busy tone then hangs up. It is now 11:30 pm my issue has not been resolved and have not received any emails or call backs. This is a very bad experience I have been a long time dell customer, still looking at my first dell inspiron 9100 that I bought ages ago it a paperweight now. I have never had such a bad experience as I had today. Your outsourcing your tech support leaves no one accountable for their actions. My computer is down and I need it fixed ASAP.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 10th, 2016 16:00

None of what you posted is of any use to help fix this.

It's not clear what model PC this is

You never mentioned what version of Windows you're running.

Are you using USB keyboard and mouse, wired or wireless?

Have you tried different rear ports, assuming it's a desktop?

Does USB keyboard work before Windows starts to load? Eg, can you reboot and immediately press F2 to open BIOS setup?

So post the details and forget all the useless stuff about who said/promised whatever...

No Events found!