Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2009 08:00

video card(s) capabilities

I have a XPS 600, with 2 7800gtx video cards, and 3 gig processor, and two gigs of 667 memory, what is the likely hood of my system bottlenecking at the processor?

Even when the system was new I saw imperfections in the game play of "Farcry" and Doom 3, the reason I ask is would  I see much relief in the bottlenecking if I upgraded my processor to the P4 Extreme Edition HT processor.

My situation is this...My Mother board is shot, burnt up, toast! :( it's time to upgrade the processor at least, new system at most, trying to figure out the best path, in order to get more bang for the buck.

I don't think that if I consider going with an I7 platform, I'll be able to afford a top of the line processor does anyone know if the P4 Extreme edition would compare with the entry level I7?

Tim in San Diego

xps 1530 in the meantime, not good for gaming:(

14.4K Posts

March 15th, 2009 08:00

no you cannot put the Pentimum into a i7 board the sockets are completly different.  If it were me just get the most processor you can afford. Even the lowest i7 processor is light years ahead of the pentimum.

One recommendation is to shop the Dell outlet. You can pick up very good systems for very reasonable prices and they will carry the same warranties as a new one and the added benifit of being overhauled.

No Events found!