Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2006 06:00

Changing A Graphics Card

Hi, I'm the confused owner of a Dell 2350. I'd like to change my graphics card, thing is its intergrated with the mother board. I know I have to put it in the APG slot and configure my Bios. But I don't know anything about configuring Bios. Maybe someone could find me a Faq on the issue.

My System is
Genuine Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHZ
512 MB Ram DDR
Current Graphics Card (intergrated with mother board is) Intel Extreme Graphics
Windows XP SP2

If any one can help it would be great thanks.

12.1K Posts

February 4th, 2006 09:00

First, you don't have a AGP slot, but a PCI slot, so don't make a mistake in getting the wrong video card.  PCI only and not PCIe or sometimes called PCI-Express.

Instructions given by the Moderator linked below that should help you some........

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_video&message.id=128185   Moderators guide to video cards and installation of it on a entry level system..Scroll down to where you see your system

Dim 4400 ( 3 Years 9 Months, going strong )
2.6 Ghz 400 FSB
1 Gb 2100 DDR Memory
20 Gb hard drive 7,200
Windows XP Home - SP-2
Leadtek 6600 GT
48xCDRW
17 LCD ( 1703 FP )
250 watt power supply

Message Edited by SR45 on 02-04-2006 06:01 AM

18 Posts

February 5th, 2006 04:00

I feel for you. I felt the same way when I started the process of updating my 2530. Actually it is pretty easy. Make sure your Bios is updated and the settings are correct, open the tower and slide the card in, power  up and if the monitor doesn't work shut down switch to the old connection go in through the device manager disable the old video, select the new video, uninstall the old drivers, install the new drivers check the device settings and shut down. Switch the monitor to the new card and power up. You might need to make some adjustments but nothing major. I upgraded the video card to an FX5500 and added 512MB RAM and with cleaning the inside of the tower it took like 30 minutes. It took me longer to straighten out my wiring and clean my desk than it took to do the upgrades :smileysurprised:. Do a search on "2350" and you'll pull all the threads regarding the upgrades. If you get in a jam send me a PM and I will get back to you.

February 5th, 2006 04:00

Thank you all for your help it was great thanks it made me more comfortable about upgrading.
Best wishes to you guys/gals.
No Events found!