Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2008 01:00

DCCY, DCNE, DCSM, DCTR model definitions

I am struggling to find any references or documentation detailing the model nomenclature of Optiplex GX745 USFF models.  What is the difference between a DCCY or DCNE model?

I searched the Dell site, this forum, google'd and even called Dell but unfortunatley came up with nothing.  Using the Service Tags in the warranty status page only tells me that they have different parts and I have no way of checking all the model types.  In other words, I only have Service Tags for the DCCY and DCNE but I do not for the DCTR or DCSM models.

Does anyone know the nomenclature summarizing these four-letter model numbers? DCNE, DCCY, DCSM, DCTR.  Basically, what do these mean and what am I missing?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 07:00

We are having similar issues.  It is quite confusing to determine the model number of the computer with the desingation of DCNE.  What does this mean?  I have figured from looking at Dell's Website, that we have some type of OptiPlex, for which I am asking our techs to check for the model number again. 

So I am curious as to what these designations mean and what the model number belongs to.

Thanks. Amy

2 Posts

June 18th, 2009 11:00

Regulatory Model (Mini-Tower): DCSM
Regulatory Model (Desktop): DCNE
Regulatory Model (Small Form Factor): DCCY
Regulatory Model (Ultra Small Form Factor): DCTR

2 Posts

June 18th, 2009 11:00

Hello,

I believe that the 4 alpha character nomenclature you are referring to is the discriptor for the case size of the computer.  The Optiplex 745 comes in 4 configurations:  Mini Tower, Desk Top, Small Form Factor and Ultra Small Form Factor.  I'm not sure about the rest, but I have a DCCY and this is the Small Form Factor case, which is 12.4" x 3.65" x 13.4".  The smaller the case size the fewer number of bays and expansion slots.  Also the power supply is reduced with each step down you take from the Mini Tower to the Ultra Small Form Factor. 

Although long after your original question, I hope that this helps.

1 Message

March 20th, 2012 22:00

So how does Regulatory Model (Mini-Tower): DCSM translate to a normal Dell model number?  What series is this in, and what model numbers could it be?

February 21st, 2014 10:00

I need a dctr computer

February 21st, 2014 10:00

I need a dell dctr computer

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 21st, 2014 11:00

I need a dctr computer

You might get a better response if you repost this in What Do I Buy.

No Events found!