Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2015 05:00

Dell AIO Inspiron 2330

Hi

My Inspiron doenst seem to want to boot anymore , nor post any beeps. Looking through the forum i did find a similar issue with some things to try which are belwo

Try releasing the residual charge from the system. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the power supply.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power supply. Try to restart the computer and check.

Did the above and nothing changes, still no beeps or post.

If the issue still persists, perform Built In Self-Test (BIST) on power supply. There is a Green LED and BIST Button above the power cord connector. If the LED glows solid green on pressing the button when the system is plugged in to the wall socket the Power Supply Unit is functioning OK.

This starts lots of fans and noise whilst pressed and displays green.

The power button LED is a bi-color light that indicates the Dell Inspiron One 2330 power state. Please share which state it is in when you try to boot the system:

• Off
  • Solid White
  • Solid Amber
  • Blinking Amber

The power button stays at solid white.

The system can emit a series of beeps during start-up if the display cannot show errors or problems. These series of beeps, called beep codes identify various problems. Please share if hear any specific patter of beep codes on startup.

There no are beeps, the system appears to look like its powering on. The screen comes on (Backlight and if you press the change mode it will display Computer, HDMI etc in bottom right). SIlent fans can be heard constantly on and the white soild amber power light stays on. I tried attaching a second VGA cable and still nothing. If left it appears to reboot itself , small blink of the HD light and then just back to solid white light.

What else is their left for me to try , this is my Dads pc and warranty ran out Jan 2014.

Thanks

Terry

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

January 6th, 2016 05:00

Hi TJUK99,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please private message us the service tag, so that we can check on the system configuration and guide you accordingly with the next steps.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

January 7th, 2016 20:00

Hi TJUK99,

I think mother bios malfunctioned, right now i'm looking for new motherboard replace by myself,my warranty run out  mar 2015,if  I'll upgrade new computer will looking another brand not dell.

good luck

3 Posts

January 8th, 2016 00:00

Hi

I followed the DELL troublehooting guide and found it to be an error with the memory stick. I replaced it and it is now working again. If you havent tried that I would see if that works for you first, taking all the memorry out and switicng it on should result in 4 beeps when posting. I put the new memory in and rebooted ok. Have upgraded to windows 10 now and extended the warranty just in case!

Good luck

3 Posts

January 8th, 2016 00:00

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the DELL troubleshooting advice and found it to be a defective memory stick. This has now been replaced and its working again, the windows 10 upgade has taken place and all seems fine.

Thanks

Terry

March 19th, 2016 11:00

My Dad is having the same exact trouble with his AIO 2330. The symptoms are exactly the same as Terry's in the post above. I followed the same suggestions as above without success. I tried swapping the memory sticks between my Inspiron laptop (which has the same memory sticks in it) and found that all 8 GB of his RAM is seen by my laptop. His 2330 still has the same exact problem with my RAM installed. What else should I try next? The computer is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Scott

No Events found!