Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2009 16:00

Dell Dimension 4600, Graphics Card, replacing Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

I'm trying to replace my Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

and doesn't seem to be going well, When i booted it up using DVI the monitor didn't light up, i tried using the VGA, and all i got was a screen with lines through it.

mobo just not recognizing it or something, I do have the CD which probably has the drivers on it. Is it compatible with my mobo, am I doing something wrong, Help please.

2 Posts

November 4th, 2009 19:00

ok i figured it out, im dumb, seems i needed to connect a 4-pin power adapter that was suppose to come with it but didn't, problem solved and thanks for replies

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

November 4th, 2009 15:00

I'd suggest something more modern like a 3650 or 4650.

6 Posts

November 4th, 2009 15:00

I'm trying to replace my Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

and doesn't seem to be going well, When i booted it up using DVI the monitor didn't light up, i tried using the VGA, and all i got was a screen with lines through it.

mobo just not recognizing it or something, I do have the CD which probably has the drivers on it. Is it compatible with my mobo, am I doing something wrong, Help please.

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I, too, am looking for the correct video card to upgrade to. Hope you get an answer soon. I would even like to have one like you're replacing. :) Hope we get answers soon.

No Events found!