Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2011 11:00

Dell Dimension 4600 will not boot, flashing amber light even with power cable removed

Hi,

I have been away for a few days leaving my pc powered off.

On return I have tried to start the pc but it fails to do anything when pressing the start button.

I have a steady flashing amber light.

If the backup battery needs to be replaced please can someone tell me the type of battery to use?

Thanks,

Paul.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 11th, 2011 11:00

THere are NO BACKUP battieries.  The CMOS battery is a DL3032,  This battery does not run the computer.

Power supply is probably bad.

Shopping results for amazon dl2032

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 11th, 2011 12:00

Hi,

I have been away for a few days leaving my pc powered off.

On return I have tried to start the pc but it fails to do anything when pressing the start button.

I have a steady flashing amber light.

If the backup battery needs to be replaced please can someone tell me the type of battery to use?

Thanks,

Paul.

paulbeestonuk

When the power button LED is a Blinking Amber light, this usually means the power supply is receiving the correct input voltage, but is having an output failure.

First, open the case and check all the power and data cables, by removing and reseating them.

Also, check the Sequence of the Diagnostic Lights on the back panel, you can find the Diagnostic Guide and Service Manual HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

No Events found!