Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2013 05:00

Dell Inspiron 620 wireless Adapter

Hello

I have a Dell Inspiron 620 Desktop computer that I want to go wireless. But every time I tried to install the following Dell wireless network adapters it says DW1525 adapter device not found. The adapters are:1.  ATHEROS WIRELESS 1525 WLAN MINI VERSION A02 and 2. ATHEROS WIRELESS 1525 WLAN MINI CARD V1.3.1.12. I really need a wireless adapter for my Desktop. I will highly appreciate any assistance from anybody. my email is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> .

thanks

Diplomat56 

953 Posts

May 13th, 2013 05:00

Hi,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if the issue is fixed:

1. Enter BIOS Setup by hitting F2 key when Dell Logo appears during start-up.
  2. Hit F9 key on the keyboard to load BIOS Defaults. Do not perform this step if the computer has multiple Hard Drives configured in RAID.
  3. If the above steps do not apply or do not work follow the next steps. perform the next steps only if you are comfortable opening the System Chassis yourself, else take a technician’s help.
  4. Release Flea Power from the computer by powering off, removing power connections and then pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.
  5. Disconnect any telephone, network, or USB cables from the computer.
  6. Disconnect the computer and all attached devices from their electrical outlets.
  7. Remove the Wireless Card Antenna from the system. 
  8. Pull the first and second Antenna to straighten it.

9. Rotate the Antennas Anti Clock wise to release it (see the images below).

10. Remove the 2 screws securing the Computer Cover.

11. Slide the Computer Cover towards the back of the system and lift up to release the Computer Cover.

12. Locate the Wireless Card.

13. Pull up the release tab on the card-retention latch outward.

14. Remove the Wireless Card.

15. Follow the above two steps in the reverse order to re-install the wireless card.
  16. Once re-installed close the cover, connect the power and other necessary peripherals and check the functionality of the wireless card.

Note: In case of expired warranty scenario, I would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.

Do reply with results.

No Events found!