Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

September 21st, 2008 11:00

Dimension 9150 freezes on Dell bios revision screen

Hello everyone. I have been searching on this forum and I have found some other posts with same problem but nothing seems to work on my desktop. When I start up the system the PC freezes on the very first Dell screen ´BIOS Revision A03´. I have tried many times to reboot, tried unplugging the power cord, etc and it is always the same. When I start up I can hear the normal beep, then the standard green power light BUT numbers 2, 3 and 4 on the front keep green and nothing happens. I referred to the manual and it says it may be a USB problem but I tried everything, I phoned the technical support and followed the guys instructions: 1. I changed all USB devices (just keyboard and mouse) to a different USB port. NOTHING HAPPENS

2. I opened the case and checked for cabling etc. NOTHING

3. I removed the battery on the mother board for a complete reset. NOTHING

4. Battery is ok = 3V.

5. I rebooted with no device, just monitor. NOTHING. So, I am afraid the problem is on my motherboard, isnt it? The PC is 2 years and a half old. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

14.4K Posts

September 21st, 2008 13:00

The light sequence you see indicate a usb failure. Since you have disconnected all usb devices and tried it maybe a motherboard issue.

Try doing a CMOS reset with the jumper as per HERE.

Sometimes the battery trick does not work. 

September 21st, 2008 18:00

Thank you very much for your answer. I tried with the jumper and I am still having the same problem. Lights 2, 3 and 4 on green and Dell freezes on same Bios revision screen.

Anything else I can do? Thank you in advance.

No Events found!