Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2009 13:00

Direct X

I play an MMORPG called Eve-Online, when at a certain point in the game it crashes. I isolated the problem being caused from Direct X.

"Faulting application exefile.exe, version 6.10.1.17562, faulting module d3d9.dll, version 5.3.2600.5512,fault address 0x0008ad39"

i went in regedit and deleted the directx folder, re-installed directx 8.1, and trying to go to 9.0 when i run the program for directx 9.0 i get this message:

"Internal System Error occured. please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

Any thoughts? All help would be appreciated.

-Dragonmastergt2005

92 Posts

April 5th, 2009 18:00

Try looking at the DXError log and the DirectX log for anything that might hint a solution to your problem. That's the only thing that I can think of right now besides re-installing Windows.

Hope this helped.

4.6K Posts

April 6th, 2009 05:00

Welcome to the forums Dragonmaster :emotion-21:

Why did you decide to mess with the registry, rather than simply reinstalling DirectX?   That's just asking for trouble!

As advised, have you checked the DXerror.log, to see what it says?

Try installing the latest version of DirectX 9.0c - the March 2009 Update, after booting into safe mode (F2)?

92 Posts

April 15th, 2009 14:00

You don't press F2 to get into safe mode, you press F8 after seeing the BIOS splash screen.

4.6K Posts

April 16th, 2009 11:00

You don't press F2 to get into safe mode, you press F8 after seeing the BIOS splash screen.

If the OP is using Vista, pressing F8 will access the restore options - not safe mode :emotion-55:

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 16th, 2009 12:00

Always install the latest version of directx9.0c  version 9999.

I say this because they update it sometimes monthly and have been doing so for years.

Dont try the download to install as this will kill windows if it loses connection before its done.

Always do the latest service pack followed by the latest directx.

For both items do the one for Redist or It professionals aka the patch is 300megs and directx is 30 megs or more.

Don't download from a source that may have trojans or viruses mixed in

Directx 9.0C March 2009 version

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/C/4/3C46A69A-CB0F-4CCA-B1E8-248D43270D5F/directx_mar2009_redist.exe

System Requirements

• Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Business N; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic N; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Starter; Windows Vista Starter N; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

When both of those are done do the latest WHQL certified VIDEO drivers.

92 Posts

April 16th, 2009 20:00

He can't be using Vista because he is using directx 9, not 10.

No Events found!