Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2016 00:00

How to change parallel port mode in bios of Dell Inspiron 546s

I installed a Roswill RC-302 Parallel port PCI card into my Dell Inspiron 546s. I'm using it to connect to a cnc plama cutter table.  My cnc manual says that I need to enter the bios and change the mode of the card to EPP 1.9. However when I go into the bios I don't see any settings in any of the menu options related to the parallel port. I installed the card and downloaded the driver.  When I go to the device manager it shows up and seems to be enabled fine. Right now it is labeled as LPT1. However,  the addresses in the resource tab show up as E800 and E400. That doesn't seem to match any normal hexadecimal addresses?  My cnc machine manual said that it is best to set the card to the address of 278...how would I do that? Is this simply changing it to LPT2? I have Windows 7 home office pro.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004B0H69I/ref=pd_aw_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=416oeDPXtfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL390_SR390%2C294_&refRID=0E2QE0QP18595Y51H1MT

Thanks for any help!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 25th, 2016 11:00

You won't find any settings options for an add-in parallel port card in BIOS. Any settings changes for that card will probably have to be made in Device Manager.

Did you install the drivers for that card and is the card compatible with whatever version of Windows you're using?

Did you try connecting the device to the card to see if it works?

Those resources may be what the PC assigned to the add-in card itself, not to the address the actual parallel port is using to communicate with an attached device. 

You may need to contact Roswill for assistance...

No Events found!