Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2016 17:00

Inspiron 530, Windows Vista to 7, audio not working

I upgraded my Inspiron 530 with Windows Vista to Windows 7 64 bit, with a new ssd drive. I am using a Radeon HD6670 HDMI out to my TV for sound. I cannot get sound to work. The Realtek driver from the Dell website won't install.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 5th, 2016 13:00

Before you installed the not supported Windows 7 =

was all of the onboard Realtek ALC888 audio functioning on the Inspiron 530?

My guess is that the Inspiron 530 G33 and ICH9 chipset was not installed correctly by Windows 7. You can try the Intel Driver Update Utility and it will automatically tell you if you need to update your Intel drivers, and if so, will prompt you to install. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...".

If it successfully installs drivers, reboot, then try to install the retail Realtek for the onboard Realtek ALC888 audio.

* Go here
* Click "High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)"
* Check "I accept to the above"
* Click Next
* Look to the right of "64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file)"
* Click the Global link
* The file will want to download. Tell it where to save the file so you can find it
* Run the file. Follow the instructions and restart the system when done. Re-test the audio when done

No Events found!