Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2009 23:00

Inspiron 530 motherboard LED - solid orange? What does it mean?

Hello, everybody.

I have a question about the motherboard (Foxconn G33M02) led. It is solid orange, not green. I am not experiencing any problems with the computer right now. Everything appears to be fine. And I only noticed it recently.

What is it indicative of? I assume normally it should be green, right? (all my previous Dells had it green, anyways)

The Dell documentation on their site for Inspiron 530 doesn't have any info on this, neither does the scarce mobo pdf file on the Foxconn site.

(note: I am aware that most of the time people ask about the front panel led being orange/amber and the power and hardware problems associated with that , that's not what I am asking about!)

Additional info:

- System: E4500 Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 400GB HD, CD/DVD, 300W PSU, Sound card Sound Blaster SE (did not come with the original PC), GPU XFX 8600 GT 256 MBm (did not come with the original PC)

- The light in the back of PSU is solid green, the light on the front panel is solid blue...

- After Video Card and Sound Card removal and subsequent reboot - the mobo light remains solid orange.

Any suggestions? Guesses?

Thank you.

Blunter

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 24th, 2009 14:00

BlunterII

A solid orange MoBo Standby Power light [aka Flea power], is normal and indicates the 530 motherboard is receiving power.

The solid green LED on the power supply, indicates power availability for power supply.

The power button LED bi-color LED located on the front of the computer illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate different states.

See HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> and HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

3 Posts

January 24th, 2009 22:00

Thanks for the answer and the links, Bev.

After looking through those docs, I still haven't verified that the "orange MoBo Standby Power light ... is normal" yet. Actually I haven't found any info on the Mobo lights at all.

I'll keep reading. I could have missed it again  :)

Thanks again.

BlunterII

14.4K Posts

January 25th, 2009 06:00

some boards have green lights some have orange. My current system board has an orange light, my old 8300 had a green light.  The color of the light on a Dell motherbord is not an indiction of the condition other than if it's on it means the board is receiving power.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 25th, 2009 10:00

BlunterII

Not certain if this helps, but I have a 530 Mini Tower and the MoBo Standby light is also, orange.

Bev. 

3 Posts

January 25th, 2009 20:00

Thank you Bev, thank you Dave.

I needed reassurance and you provided it.

I appreciate you input.

I think this case is closed.:emotion-2:

BlunterII

1 Message

April 17th, 2009 13:00

Is it normal for the motherboard flea power light to remain on even after shutting down the computer?  Same with the green LED on the power supply?  I only noticed this recently, but maybe it has always been this way? 

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 17th, 2009 13:00

smwink

It would seem so, my 530 flea power and the solid green LED on the power supply, that indicates power availability for power supply, stay lite all the time.

Except when I remove the power cord from the power supply and hold the power power button in, to discharge the residue power, prior to opening the case.

Bev.

No Events found!