Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2011 04:00

Inspiron 560MT won't power up

Hello,

I have an Inspiron 560MT since last february, working very good until now.

Yetserday I left my computer for a while, so it turned into sleeping mode by itself.

When I came back, impossible to turn it on again, so I pushed the power button for a few seconds to put it off, and since this time it won't power up anymore. I have an orange steady light on the power button, fans are all working full power, no power for mouse and keyboard, no signal on the screen......

I tried to put it off and on again several times, cleaned the inside (which was quite dusty), but nothing to do, it won't power up.

I am thinking of the graphic card or the motherboard, maybe burned, but I am really bad at computers, I don't even now how to recognize or to find them into the computer. Also I am just using it for work matters, so that would be unexpected. However a new game has been installed on this computer very recently, of course compatible with the system, so I don't see any problem coming from it (also it was working very good).

Please I need help, all my work is on this computer, I didn't had time to back up yet !!!!!!

Hope to have quick answers !!!

2 Posts

November 25th, 2011 06:00

I would found it strange to sell computers with a bad power supply ........

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Power Supplies Go bad.

Hard Drives Go bad.

Tires Go Bad.

Brakes Go Bad.

There would be no market for replacements of these items if they NEVER went bad.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

The power supply might be bad.  The only verified way to test this is with a new one.

Do not buy really Cheap power supplies.  They tend to fry everything.   An Antec 620W fits in the Tower Model.

No Events found!