Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2012 17:00

Inspiron 660 dual monitors?

I have a new Inspiron 660 desktop. I have 2 17 inch monitors with the typical monitor cables. Is there a way I can use both monitors with this computer without having to by a new video card? Can I do it using a monitor switch box?

Thanks.

Gary

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 31st, 2012 04:00

Hi ravens515,

Using the monitor switch box or Tripp-Lite-B112-002-R-VGA/ you will be able to clone the same screen but you will not be able to extend the desktop screen.

Dell Inspiron 660 comes with one HDMI connector and VGA connector. I’d advise you to connect one monitor to HDMI port and other monitor to VGA port.

Please reply for any queries.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 29th, 2012 18:00

Hi ravens515,

You can go ahead purchase monitor switch box or a video card with multiple display connectors to connect two monitors on your system.

Please reply for any queries.

66 Posts

October 30th, 2012 11:00

So even something this simple will work? www.officedepot.com/.../Tripp-Lite-B112-002-R-VGA Is there any advantage for using a switch box vs. adding a video card?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.  

1 Message

July 14th, 2013 17:00

I am not sure how to do this but I am going to give this a try. Because I know nothing about how to post something on a website.

For months now, since March--I have been trying to get 2 monitors working with my Dell 660. My computer monitor (monitor #1) is connected to the outlet for monitors. However, my second monitor (a High Def TV) is currently plugged into the HDMI port. Here is my problem, which I see others have too. My second monitor doesn't work. In fact, I can't even find the "HDMI port" on my computer anywhere in the internal hardware/software (and that doesn't include Windows 8).  You guys have this posting going on and I am totally lost.... Everyone here is using jargon I don't understand, nor do I even know if I have (like VGA cards or graphics stuff). Can someone please answer this question? I have a Dell 660 Inspirion, and I can't find the HDMI port in any of the software or locations--like My Computer or Control Panel. I really want to have two monitors, but I can't get the computer to find the HDMI port, so I can get it to acknowledge the TV monitor. Is there anyone who can help me? I have gone everywhere on every site I can think of, and I still can't find an answer to this, after 5 months. In addition, I have asked every computer guru I know and they all spit at me, because I have Windows 8 on this computer and they HATE Windows 8.....

Does anyone know how to fix this?

No Events found!