Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2013 16:00

Inspiron One 2330 AIO HDMI-in port usage?

Greetings,

I am looking at the Inspiron One 2330 AIO computer with the Core i5 processor. I understand that this computer comes with an HDMI-in port on it,

I can't seem to find any information about what I could use this port for so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me. Specifically I was hoping it might ve able to do the following. My TV provider's digital tuner box uses HDMI to connect to the TV. I was wondering if I would be able to hook one of the digital tuner boxes up to the computer's HDMI-in port and use it as a monitor for the tuner box?

Thanks,

Gord

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 21st, 2013 17:00

Hi Gord,

Yes, you should be able to do that. Let me mention that I have done this on an XPS One 2720 system and the video was nice running the HDMI signal from my set-top-box. However, the audio did not work. In theory HDMI can carry both video and audio signals, so I'm not sure what the problem was. But the video part worked fine.

3 Posts

July 26th, 2013 11:00

Hey thanks so much for the info! I think we are going to go with the 2330 after all! Regardless of whether we can use it as a monitor for the set top box or not. It looks like a pretty good little computer. If we can use it with the set top box too then that will be a bonus! FYI the set top box also has composite output and the computer has composite input so I will be curious to find out if that works too? Will post back and let you know what I find out when the computer gets here!

Thanks,

Gord

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 27th, 2013 13:00

Ok, update me when you get a chance to check everything out!

No Events found!