Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2013 06:00

McAfee Online Backup causes Optiplex 9010 AIO screen flicker.

Of course, McAfee says "Check with Dell, as this may be their problem."

I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO, with the most current video driver, running Windows 8 64-bit, all updates installed. McAfee Online Backup causes the screen to flicker (flash?) once every 60 seconds. I run the Dell diagnostics and it does not detect any video issue.

I'm wondering if anyone here uses McAfee Online Backup and has experienced a similar problem.

Thanks.
Ken

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 4th, 2013 08:00

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately the user account settings may be corrupt which may be causing this issue. The only way to rectify is to create a new administrator account.

15 Posts

September 2nd, 2013 07:00

Ravi,

I already have a second user account on my computer, which I don't use. Would it suffice to try on that one, or do you suggest creating a brand new one for this test?

15 Posts

September 3rd, 2013 08:00

This morning's update: I used an existing alternate user account, and found that the flickering does NOT occur when logged in there. If I log out there and log back into my original account, the flicker starts. FWIW, both are local admin accounts.

Uninstalling MOBK stops the flicker in the original account.

I'd really prefer to keep using the original account (and discover and cure the cause of the flicker), as opposed to migrating to the alternate account. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Ken

15 Posts

September 4th, 2013 06:00

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Ken

15 Posts

September 4th, 2013 09:00

I was afraid you'd say that.

Thanks for your help.

Ken