Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2012 18:00

My PC Turns on But Monitor shows No Signal (Insprion 580s)

After successfully shut downing my PC The next day i cam across a new problem mentioned in subject line. so i checked first my display cable wire with another CPU working fine. Then i opened my CPU checked every cable like SATA, power cord, ram slots C MOS battery,Hard Disk every thing.when i turn on my PC the CPU power button light turns solid white CPU is still running but hard disk read/write button blinks at start and stops. after reinserting my ram the everything went fine but after shutdown and restart again same problem no signal and again i reinserted ram and powered on but no use. this means it some times turn on's sometimes doesn't works i don't know where's problem?

Please help me........! Thanks in Advance

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 21st, 2012 18:00

Hi charwaka,

As you have mentioned that the same display cable is working fine on the different computer, did you try connecting a different monitor to the computer?

If the monitor has a built in self-test feature in it, please run the built in self-test on the monitor to confirm monitor is working fine.

As the power button on the computer is solid white, check if the computer is giving out any beep sounds, and make a note of the beeps and post the beep count.

Please reply for further help.

8 Posts

December 21st, 2012 20:00

No beep sounds .The same monitor worked for another CPU. see my computer works fine sometimes . but sometimes the CPU just turns on hard disk is also working CPU fan and all components working but no signal in monitor showing

.but some times it works fine

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 22nd, 2012 02:00

Hi charwaka,

There are a few steps that you can try before coming to a conclusion. Updating the video card drivers could help. To find the right video card driver for the system, please private message me the service tag of the system, I will check the specification of the Video card present in the computer and provide appropriate drivers for the same.

To private message me, click my user name, click Add as friend, and click start conversation and send the service tag of the system.

Awaiting your response.

No Events found!