Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2013 14:00

Need Help With DVD + Tray Load

Hi: I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop.After I set it up I went to try the Dvd/Cd Drive.

I could not open the drive the usual way by pushing a button by the drive for the door to open,

I went into my computer and clicked the eject button and that is how it opened. My question is

This is DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive,16x SATA.Is that the only way to pen the Drive door by

going into my computer and clicking eject? Also I see there is an option to burn DVD/CD there,do I need

to purchase Roxio or Nero to help burn data or pictures. I would appreciate any help possible.

Thank you so much.

2 Posts

December 18th, 2013 14:00

I have seen this problem before. Try hitting eject during the BIOS posting screen(the screen that pops up right when you turn your pc on)  if that doesn't work go into the BIOS setup and try it there, let me know if that works.  Also about burning CD/DVD's I recommend visiting ninite.com and downloading CDburnerXP.  You don't need any tools to burn data on a CD/DVD but this will make it a lot easier for you. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 19th, 2013 12:00

MacGyver3

The optical [DVD] drives eject button is located on right hand side of the drives, see Item 7 of the Dell Inspiron 660 Set Up/ Computer Features Guide here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-660_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Bev.

13 Posts

December 18th, 2013 23:00

Hi: No it did not work.There is nothing to push physically on the CD/DVD drive.Just lift up the cover

and I see a Dvd drive,but with no buttons to push,unlike the ones that do not have a cover and have a

small button to push to open the Cd/Dvd unit.

2 Posts

December 19th, 2013 06:00

Your DVD drive does have a button your just can't see it.  To further troubleshoot your issue unplug the power source to your device, remove the side cover and you should see some tabs to remove the front face plate.  Once you remove the faceplate safely plug the power back up and boot the device and try pressing the eject button while the device is on.  If it works the issue will probably be cause by the eject button on the front face place.  Let me know how this works for you.

13 Posts

December 21st, 2013 19:00

Hi SHESAGORDI;: Thank you very much for telling me were the eject button is.I was looking at it all the time and didn't realize

it.It works and I have an empty slot below that drive with the same type of opening.I may put another hard drive in that slot,have not decided

yet.Thanks alot and seasons Greetings to you!

13 Posts

December 21st, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 21st, 2013 20:00

MacGyver3

You are welcome and I'm happy to have helped.

Bev.

No Events found!