Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2013 17:00

New XPS 8500 Problems

Hello,

I've recently purchased an XPS 8500 with Windows 8 installed.  For a few days it ran without any problems or issues. For now and for no apparent reason is powered up but will not load Windows and then shuts down. Once it shuts down the display shows it's in power save mode and then restarts again by its self. The Dell logo appears once it restarts and I'm giving an option to restart the computer or trouble shoot. On another restart the message on the screen says that Windows failed to load/restart your computer.  Gone to trouble shoot and went through all the options but nothing is working.  I've unplugged the power cord from the surge protector and plugged it into a wall unit and the problem still exists.  This goes on until I shut it down.  There is nothing connected to the computer but the speakers, keyboard, mouse (Wireless) and monitor.  Nothing new was installed (software) because I didn't have it up and running long enough to install anything except Microsoft home office.  I remember downloading all the updates at the time and that was it.  Pulling my hair out because I've owned Dell computers in the past but this has to be the worst. Barely a month old. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on here?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 17th, 2013 18:00

You should contact Dell Tech Support for assistance since your system is under warranty.

January 17th, 2013 20:00

it could be that all your directory's are pointed to the small 32 ssd AS WE DONT GET THE BIG ENOUGH ONES AS THEY JUST WANT PUSH OLD STOCK ON TO US 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + Intel® SRT 32GB SSD Cache [subtract $300.00]

2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s + 256GB SSD [subtract $100.00]

3TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s + 256GB SSD [Included in Price]

3 Posts

January 18th, 2013 05:00

Recently ordered a Dell XPS8500 . Received the thing at the end of December. and had a Dead on Arrival wireless card.

I phoned dell Tech Support and asked for a new card an tech to be on site within the 5 days they say will rectify.

Now told from Dell that the wireless card is not in country this was 7th of Jan. and the fault will not be repaired until 1 Feb at the earliest.

This is Dell at its best customer service. I have Dells since they started manufacturing and had no problems with them. Now the desktop is a piece of junk

there customer service stinks and it is time that someone gets a grip to this once good company .

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 18th, 2013 08:00

This is inexpensive: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

Rosewill is my favorite brand for wireless networking adapters.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 18th, 2013 09:00

Recently ordered a Dell XPS8500 . Received the thing at the end of December. and had a Dead on Arrival wireless card.

Did you try reseating the wireless card (page 50) in its slot and making sure both antenna cables are attached? Sometimes these things can get jarred loose when XYZ shipping company drop-kicks your box across their warehouse.  :emotion-5:

January 18th, 2013 22:00

yeah like we should have to dell get a  tech out to fix it for the guy

No Events found!