Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2011 20:00

OpenGL 2.0 Video Card or driver update needed. What are they?

I've installed a graphic arts plugin/Fractal application to my Dimension E310 and attempts to use this application tells me that I need to update my video card or video card driver to one that supports OpenGL 2.0. The video card that I use with my Photoshop Cs3 application is an Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset. It seems that the new software applications installed to work in conjunction with my Photoshop Cs3 program briefly worked one time after I reinstalled some video drivers upon my initial attempt to know what I was doing.  But that was just a test to see if they would open up.

I am not that familiar with the graphic cards that contain OpenGL 2.0 technology. I need a fast course in what it is so I will know what I will have to do to get my applications(plugins) inside Photoshop to function as they're suppose to do without my wondering if they will when I'm ready for them.

I am using WinXP, Maximum memory at 4 Gigs, Intel Pentium 4HT

1 Message

May 7th, 2011 10:00

According to Intel: All of their video adapters support OpenGL, however, the driver must also support it.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010479.htm

It says on their website that the drivers they host support OpenGL. They do not guarantee that the drivers that come with your computer will.

No Events found!