Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 1st, 2015 11:00

Rebooting After Fixing Error Code 2000-0141

Please Help!!!!

How do I reboot my Inspiron 620 (desktop) after fixing error code 2000-0141? Error code refers to "no hard drive detected."  After disconnecting then reconnecting hard drive from system board drive, I did a diagnostic test that now shows I have a hard drive. I tried to reboot, however message shows "no boot device available."

Please help!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 1st, 2015 12:00

Please Help!!!!

How do I reboot my Inspiron 620 (desktop) after fixing error code 2000-0141? Error code refers to "no hard drive detected."  After disconnecting then reconnecting hard drive from system board drive, I did a diagnostic test that now shows I have a hard drive. I tried to reboot, however message shows "no boot device available."

Please help!

MFM50

The hard drive has failed and you need to replace the drive, followed by reinstalling Windows, drivers and applications.

The Inspiron 620 Mini Tower supports SATA 3.5", 7200rpm, internal hard drives.

Details for replacing the hard drive, are here on page 19:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-620_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 3rd, 2015 07:00

Error Description Action
2000-0141 Hard Drive - no drive detected
  • Power down system.
  • Disconnect and reconnect hard drive from System Board & Hard Drive.
  • Run ePSA again, if no error occurs there is a possible issue with the cable or the connector.
  • Connect SATA cable to another SATA port on the Motherboard.
  • Update to the latest BIOS version. Refer to Dell Support to download the latest BIOS revision for your system. If available, use a different Power cable or a verified working Power Supply Unit.
  • If available, replace with a verified working Hard Drive & cable and rerun ePSA Diagnostics.
  • If issue still occurs, there is a possible issue with the Motherboard.
2000-0142 Hard Drive (d) - S/N (s), self test unsuccessful. Status = (x)
  • Power down system.
  • Run ePSA again, if no error occurs there is a possible issue with the cable or the connector.
  • Update to the latest BIOS version. Refer to Dell Support to download the latest BIOS revision for your system. If available, use a different Power cable or a verified working Power Supply Unit.
  • If available, replace with a verified working cable and rerun ePSA Diagnostics.
  • Run Check Disk Repair from the Command Prompt. >C:\chkdsk/r/f
  • Run a full format on the Hard Drive and reinstall the operating system.
2000-0146 Hard Drive (d) – Self Test log contains previous errors
  • Power down system.
  • If available, replace with a verified working cable and rerun ePSA Diagnostics.
2000-0151 Hard Drive (d): - incorrect status: (x) (s)
  • Power down system.
No Events found!