Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 24th, 2009 13:00

Resolution problem: new S2209W for Dimension 3000

I just purchased this beautiful new monitor for my Dimension 3000. I understood that I would have to download the updated drivers on the Dell site to obtain the 1920x1080 resolution. I did that. However, I am still limited to the original maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024.  I'm really not thrilled with leaving it this way, of course. The CD info that came with it suggested that I contact Dell for an adaptor(?) if downloading the new driver did not fix the problem.  I am not terribly tech savvy, but foolow directions fairly well, so what is my next step to solve this problem?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 25th, 2009 06:00

You would need to install a PCI Video Card that is capable of that resolution.  However, the 3000's stock Dell power supply is only rated at 250 watts.  Considering the limited "PCI" (not PCIe) graphic cards that it will accept and the limited power available you will be very limited on an upgraded Video card.

I have a 22" wide screen LCD and I have a high end video card that will support my monitor's "native" format but with that screen resolution everything is so small that I can't read it.  I have my resolution set to 1280X768.

No Events found!