Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2017 09:00

head phones not working when plugged into front panel head phone jack

Hello to all, I cannot get my bose headphones to work when plugged into the front headphone jack even though the speakers I have plugged into the rear speaker jack work wo issue. It appears all sound configs are correct unless I missed something?? Thank  you

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 15th, 2017 19:00

Thank you for your message.

Have you tried using another know good earphone on the front audio port to check if that works fine?

Do you get any popup message when you connect other headphones to the front audio port?

What is the system model?

Open device manager – expand sound & video – right click on the audio driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) restart the computer. This will refresh the audio driver.

For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2017 07:00

Thank you Sreejith, this is a Dell OptiPlex 7020. Windows 7 64b. In Device Manager I see two devices. One is a "High Definition Audio Device" and the other is a "Intel(R) Display Audio"  Not sure if one of these was created when I plugged in a Philips Microphone for Speech Recognition software I was testing or not. But do you think I should delete one of these before I proceed w your recommendation? And yes I have tried other headphones in the front port wo a response from the PC.  Thank you again

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 16th, 2017 07:00

Optiplexes for over 15 years now disable the front audio when speakers are plugged in the rear.

Thats why sound bars have headphone jacks on the side.  You cant operate both simultaneously.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2017 09:00

Hmm, I tried it on another OptiPlex 7020 w speakers plugged in and I received a response (pop-up) asking if I wanted to use the Speakers or the headphone. That is my issue, I am not getting a response from the input of the headphones from my  OptiPlex 7020  Not trying to operate both simultaneously-but I should be receiving a response asking me which do I currently want to use-the speakers or the headphones I just plugged in...

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 16th, 2017 10:00

When the generic driver for audio is installed it will not 'detect" things plugged in.

This is true for Realtek as well as for soundmax.

Realtek ALC3220 High Definition Audio Codec
Realtek ALC3220 High-Definition Audio Codec
Realtek ALC3234 HD Audio Codec
Realtek ALC3661 HD Audio Codec

Description

Supported OS Download
Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the driver for the Realtek ALC3xxx series High-Definition audio codec and is supported on Latitude/Precision/OptiPlex running Windows 10.More details
WT32A
WT64A
Realtek combined High-Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the driver for the Realtek combined High-Definition audio codec and is supported on Precision, Latitude, OptiPlex running the following Windows operating systems: Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, 32 and 64 bit.More details
WB32A
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
WB64A
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit

4 Posts

August 16th, 2017 12:00

Thank you RockStar! Greatly appreciated! Trying t to download the Realtek for W7 64B   Thanks again!

No Events found!