Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2003 23:00

late bloomer as pc's go, need advice

how often should you clean your pc, what is the best way to go about it. and can you somehow configure your computer to use msn and outlook or do I need to pick one, my computer used to only bring up msn e-mail but now goes to outlook weather I want it to or not? what do you suppose I did wrong there? if any one is good at figureing out what I might have done.. I would truley appreciate any help offered, and thanks ahead of time.

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

June 4th, 2003 01:00

disappointedmess,

I take it you are not referring to physically opening the computer and cleaning it but rather to normal maintenance.

If so, depending on how much information you move around on your computer (through downloads and such) you should defrag your hard disk from once a week to once a month. It is good practice to run the disk cleaner once a week, and if you spend a lot of time on the Internet delete temporary internet files (which you can do in Internet Explorer|Tools|Internet Options|General tab, click "Delete files") more frequently.

To specify your default email client, in the Internet Options go to the Programs tab and select the client you with in the E-mail box.

8 Posts

June 4th, 2003 04:00

Message Edited by wolf795 on 06-04-2003 12:07 AM

June 4th, 2003 15:00

thanks to you!  denny, the tutorials you suggested were great, thanks for taking the time to reply, I put your web sight on my favorits so I can keep using them untill it all sinks in. I was told that there were many people who were kind enough to help a beginner like me, I guess you can see that you were the only one... must be #1 in my book. againthanks so much.P.S. I am sorry I dont know what you edited? spelling? prehaps? what ever it was thanks also.
No Events found!