Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2011 18:00

one more time

I posted the other day saying that I had a Dynes in my old computer - It is actually an ULTRA LSP 650 WATT ATX - I was getting ready to buy a Corsair 600 when I came across my paperwork and looked inside.  Should I still replace this or can I put it in my new Inspiron 620 - AGAIN THANKS IN ADVANCE

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 24th, 2011 03:00

The "Ultra" line of computer parts are sold by Tiger/CompUSA (only place I've seen them).  Ultra seems to be their "house brand".  I've used some Ultra products as I have a CompUSA store relatively close and haven't had any problems with any of their products.  I haven't used an Ultra power supply but wouldn't be afraid to use one.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

December 24th, 2011 03:00

I posted the other day saying that I had a Dynes in my old computer - It is actually an ULTRA LSP 650 WATT ATX - I was getting ready to buy a Corsair 600 when I came across my paperwork and looked inside.  Should I still replace this or can I put it in my new Inspiron 620 - AGAIN THANKS IN ADVANCE

Corsair are a good make, I use the Corsair CX 500 v2 in my 570, with no problems.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 25th, 2011 11:00

Ultra like Dynex is a company that puts numbers on the outside that do not match what is on the inside.

I would not risk my 620 on such a cheap power supply.

No Events found!