Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2004 17:00

usb Emulation settings

I am having a problem booting up my computer if my new HP 2410 photosmart all in one printer is on.  I need to turn it off and then turn it back on after it boots or it won't boot.  I contacted HP support and they said this is a known problem with Dell computers because the computer BIOS can boot from external mass storage devices and tries to boot from the all in one photo card reader, which can be used as a mass storage device.  They said it can be resolved by changing the emulation settings in the BIOS.  I am good at turning the computer on typing and turning it back off.  This seems a little over my head...  Help!!  This is a Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.2 Gig

Message Edited by Brian Miller111 on 07-19-2004 02:37 PM

July 19th, 2004 18:00

It would help to know what model system you have so that we could point you to the right information for making this change to your system.

28K Posts

July 19th, 2004 19:00

Brian,

The following documentation is for the BIOS Setup program (Dell calls it the System Setup program) for your system:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Go into the BIOS setup by pressing the F2 key immediately after you start the computer.  Select "Integrated Devices (Legacy Select Options) and the change the USB emulation to Off.

Steve

No Events found!