Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2016 02:00

Strange Capacity numbers in ECS-CE

We are "playing" with ECS-CE 2.2.0 and the Capacity numbers on the Dashboard does not add up (for us).

We have three Buckets with a total of ~34GB data in them. Looking under "Metering" this looks OK (35GB)  compared to my S3-Client (which says 34GB. Rounding effects discarded...

We we look at the Dashboard it looks a bit different...

Capacity : Usable : 490GB     --> Is OK (500GB Disk)

Capacity : Available : 166GB   --> This is a bit low I think (490 - 35 = 455 ?)

Data : User Data : 26GB    --> Here is about 10GB missing!

Data : System Data : 641MB --> No idea if this is normal but it is neglectable in comparison top 490GB

Any suggestions what could be wrong and how to fix it (or am I completely wrong in my assumptions)?

Regards,

Dan

281 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 14:00

Hi Dan,

There are some known issues with capacity reporting in 2.2.0.  They have been some improvements in 2.2.1 to increase the accuracy, and in the next version we will have some enhancements to improve how it's reported so it's more insightful.

14 Posts

June 6th, 2016 01:00

Hi Jason,

TNX for the Feedback.

Next Questions:

Is 2.2.1 available as CE?

Can we upgrade the ECS-CE from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 or do we need to reinstall?

If "yes", how?

Regards,

Dan

June 6th, 2016 07:00

Dan,

2.2.1 is currently available as CE, but you'll have to reinstall it, yes.

There is a --cleanup option to the step1 install script that will handle removing the docker container, unmounting and de-partitioning your data disks, and other necessary housecleaning to uninstall your current docker instance.

After that, you'll have to update your installation scripts, as they've changed to accommodate 2.2.1

No Events found!