Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2011 20:00

AF Conversion?

I created a Windows 7 SP1 image on a Dell Latitude D630 with the latest patches and updates. That image was captured with a Capture CD created via SCCM, as I had already customized the image to my liking and did not use the Build and Capture Image task sequence to create the image. I deployed that image to a Latitude E6320 successfully with its respective drivers. However, the alignment tool now reports that the drive is no longer AF, although the partitions are properly aligned. Is it possible to convert the drive back to an AF drive? Is there something I need to do in the initial repartitioning of the drive via DISKPART to correct it?

Thanks!

1.1K Posts

July 25th, 2011 13:00

There is no conversion between AF and non-AF drives. They either are AF or are not. You may have an E6320 that does not have an AF drive in it. As long as the partitions are aligned you should be good.

21 Posts

July 26th, 2011 19:00

"There is no conversion between AF and non-AF drives. They either are AF or are not. You may have an E6320 that does not have an AF drive in it. As long as the partitions are aligned you should be good."
I had actually mentioned that via a Dell support chat. It seems the 512e flyer shipped with the laptops, even though they didn't have AF drives. It ended up creating confusion in regards to what was installed, but we are good to go now. Thanks for the reply!

1.1K Posts

July 28th, 2011 14:00

Yes, the flyer has caused confusion and is being updated to clear it up. It will still be included in the box of every enterprise client system regardless of whether it has an AF drive or not.
No Events found!