Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2013 06:00

Driver for Fingerprint on Latitude E7240 and E7440

Hi,

do you know which driver or file should I use for using the fingerprint reader on the new Latitude E7240 and E7440 please?

Regards

October 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi in fact I'm not looking for the driver but for the software to use the fingerprint.

Because on the Latitude E6400, Dell provide an utility tool to use and activate the fingerprint

2 Posts

November 11th, 2013 22:00

bump!

2 Posts

November 15th, 2013 13:00

My Vostro came prepackaged with DigitalPersona software which integrated well with the laptop. When I received the 7000, I ran into the same issue you seem to be having and installed DigitalPersona. Seems to be working great so far.

November 25th, 2013 11:00

Thomas,

Did you ever get the fingerprint reader software?  The driver is installed fine but I will need some kind of software to make it function.

thanks,

2 Posts

November 26th, 2013 01:00

Solution:

Download Dell ControlVault Driver from DELL's webpage under the tap "security:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/servicetag/3CVDRY1#

/Knas

November 26th, 2013 01:00

In fact you have to use the Dell Data Protection | Security tools

December 3rd, 2013 07:00

Latitude E7440 - Is there any support for Windows 8.1?  The fingerprint scanner works great in Windows 7&8 but not 8.1.  All drivers are okay, all updates.  But when I attempt to register a finger the computer just waits and waits, never registers a finger like in the youtube MS video.

January 15th, 2014 00:00

Exact same issue here on E7440 w. Win8.1.

Has anyone figured out what's wrong?

January 15th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

Can you update the latest Win 8.1 driver for Finger Print on E7440 which will be available on the below link,

here

January 15th, 2014 03:00

Yes, after updating the control vault firmware, which wasn't availbale for my specific service tag, but only for the general category of E7440 it finally works. Thank you.

28 Posts

November 21st, 2014 02:00

I also recently purchased an e7440. So far I have not been able to get the Fingerprint Reader working at all. It is a brilliant machine in every way. Just such a shame that this Feature appears to be so flaky.

I have tried all the suggested Solutions in the order suggested, uninstalling all the Software and Drivers relating to the Fingerprint Reader, Clearing and reactivating TPM and then reinstalling Drivers, Firmware update etc. Still it Shows in the device Manager "w/o Fingerprint Reader" instead of "w/ Fingerprint Reader". Which is interesting, as occassionally during the Installation process of the Drivers in the bottom right message bubble it displayed "w/ Fingerprinter Reader" as being installed. I feel like I have tried everything but if anyone has any further suggestions I am all ears. Otherwise I will sadly have to return the Laptop.

1 Message

March 21st, 2016 04:00

I did a lot of research on this and tried installing multiple softwares with no luck. However, the following solution worked for me with Windows 8/8.1. Please check if the same holds good for Windows 7/10/10.1

From Windows Search, PC Settings --> Accounts --> Sign-in options --> Fingerprint.

Add your fingerprints here and it should work.

1 Message

December 14th, 2016 08:00

Did anyone ever actually get this resolved? I have a brand new 7470 with this exact issue. Fully installed and updated biometric drivers and no matter what I try, I get the following error:

"The selected fingerprint reader has no management application installed"

I know some of you have suggested Dell Data Protection, but that does nothing. It is still barking the same message. It is looking for something else like Broadcom FMA, but nowhere can I find what I am supposed to use.

Any thoughts?

28 Posts

December 15th, 2016 00:00

Hi there,

Yes, ocassionally the fingerprint reader does not get secured properly during manufacturing. An engineer came out ot me within 48 hours, opened up the laptop, pressed it down so that it went click and I have been logging in with finger-swipe ever since.

His opinion was also that it didn't get clicked into place properly in the factory. Frustrating, considering how much time I had spent beforehand faffing with the software to try and get it to work!

I suggest you also get a call-out.

Good luck!

June 19th, 2017 22:00

sir how to download Dell Latitude e7440 laptop fingerprint sensor, the driver. and can you me send fingerprint sensor driver link 

No Events found!